We know what you’re thinking. This is the craziest time of the year! And not only is it busy between work parties, family get-togethers, school events, shopping, etc., but the food is out of control and the weather is getting colder! It seems almost impossible to not go completely off the rails with your nutrition and workout plans. Isn’t January for losing weight and hitting the gym anyway?
Here are a few of our favorite tips to make January a little less painful:
- Drink Water! Before you eat, in between cocktails, all of the time. Getting half of your body weight in ounces is a huge key to success.
- Breathe! It sounds silly, but if you can calm your brain and ease the stress, you are less likely to sabotage yourself with food.
- Grab a Friend! Go for a walk, pace around the house while you chat on the phone, make a healthy meal together, laugh with each other.
- One Meal at a Time! If you’re celebrating, enjoy it. And then regroup. A dinner is just a dinner, it doesn’t mean you eat badly all day. Your favorite dessert is just that, don’t eat sweets at every meal.
- Take a Walk! Getting outside in fresh air (even if it's cold) and moving your body doubles the benefit. (And don’t forget your Armpocket, just in case you need to do last-minute online shopping or crank those holiday tunes!)
We’re going to be working on these as well, here in our office. Let’s do it together! Visit our social media and tag us when you try out these tips!